Cryo Packaging and Shipping Instructions
- Cryo kits requested by 14:00 local time must be shipped by the donor center on the same day for overnight AM delivery using FEDEX or UPS.
- Cryo kits requested after 14:00 local time must be shipped by the donor center on the next business day for overnight AM delivery using FEDEX or UPS.
- Cryo Kits should not be shipped the day before a weekend (i.e. Friday) or the day before a holiday.
- To view Illustrations related to these instructions scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Remove the lid of the Styrofoam container then remove contents and set aside.
- Cover the bottom 1/3 of the Styrofoam container with dry ice.
- Place the NUC into the cryovial box then close and place the box on the dry ice.
- Ensure the cryovial box is fully surrounded by at least 5 pounds of dry ice.
- Place the lid on the Styrofoam container.
- Place the Styrofoam container into the outer shipping box and seal the box.
- Class 9 Label
- Grab the class 9 label that you set aside earlier.
- Fill in the weight of the dry ice in the space provided on the Class 9 label.
- Fill out the shipper name and address (your center/lab) on the Class 9 label.
- Fill out the consignee name and address (recipient center/lab) on the Class 9 label using the receiving center/lab information provided in the email requesting the NUC.
- Affix the Class 9 Label to the outer shipping box.
- Air Bill
- Get a shipping air bill from your mailroom or shipping vendor.
- Fill out the air bill including the name and telephone number of the consignee provided in the email requesting the NUC.
|Styrofoam Cryo-Shipping Container||Cryovials Box||Class 9